Friday, July 2, 2010

A Few Things for Writers

Diane Chamberlain suggests we should know the ending for our story before we begin writing. I wonder how well she thinks we should know it. I've got the general gist, but very few details. The only thing I know for absolute-sure is that no dog will die in the making of this book. Beyond that, I'm flexible.

Great advice from an award winning author:







CR: Through the Cracks by Barbara Fister (which, by the way, while reading during my lunch break today, provided an epiphany for my new project. Thanks, Barbara!)

It's all better with friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Peg, I'm with you on the dogs! I always figure out my ending first. . . but it often changes by the time I get there. It gives me a target, though, and that helps me focus as I write the story.

    ReplyDelete