Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Editing Avoidance

Yep.  That's what I'm doing. I have about a hundred pages left to go on the quick read-through.  The one where I look for plot holes, poor characterization, over the top writing, confusing sentences or paragraphs, etc.

I've filled pages with notes that identify a page number and a paragraph number. The most common comments are "awkward" or "re-do", and of course my nemesis, "OTT".

I makes me wonder why in the world I'm telling people I'll have another book published later this year.

What was I thinking?


It's all better with friends.

4 comments:

  1. 8 months and it will be Christmas. Wait! Did I count right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. *rolls eyes*

    The good thing is that this manuscript was already written. Unless it's a complete disaster (which it doesn't appear to be) it's a very doable publication goal.

    I've got sixty pages or so left.

    However, the proofs for the print version of RED TIDE came in last night and I want to get those taken care of first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. But it is so important to "keep moving forward" so we don't focus too much on one thing. You're doing the right thing! By the way, you should list ur book on your Facebook "info" section so people can click on that and get to ur book immediately. :) great book so far! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Cool. I just updatead my Twitter but didn't think of FB. Sheesh.

    And I'm very glad you like it so far.

    ReplyDelete