Friday, July 15, 2011

Crazy Gratitude

I'm grateful tonight for so many things, and I need to express that feeling. (It's my blog and I'll do what I want.)

In no particular order:

I'm grateful for having a husband and soul-mate who indulges me in every way he knows how. He has seen passed the 19 year-old fresh-faced, semi-firm-bodied girl he met more than thirty-six years ago. His desire for me is to see a manuscript of mine turned into a book, and read by people I've never met. Can there be anything better than that?

I'm grateful for Cedric. Our wounded deer who I pray for every day (well, two so far), and wonder at the way God works. We've had an array of odd animals at our home over the years. From lost dogs and cats to snapping turtles to foxes to mallard ducks to peacocks . . . what's the big deal about a deer? Except for right now, God has placed him—at least partly—in our care.

I'm grateful for the friends I've met, both online and in person, who are part of the structure that supports who I am, and the dreams I have. Some of these friends I've know for decades, some only days. But I'm grateful for each one of you. You bless me.

I'm grateful for the familiy that extends beyond my husband. My sister, my nephews, my mom and dad and all of the bonus-people in my life. That's Paula and Cameron and Tyler and Jason, Shirley and Bud and Judy, Darla and Jeff and Krysta and Akila. Kel and Sheila and Joni and Gin and Ginny. And more. Way more. Okay, to be real here . . . my sister Paula weighs in heavy as a primary person. I'm just sayin'.

And, the idea that spurred this post? That's actually writing related? I'm grateful for finding the exact right name for a new minor character in the manuscript I'm rewriting. In case you're curious, his name is Efraím Tómas Hanks Madrigal. I'm thinking he might turn out to be a little bigger character than I had planned.

The thing I notice is . . . not one thing I'm grateful for involves a bank account or a flat screen TV.

So for today, I invite each of you to indulge in some Crazy Gratitude and the counting of blessings.


CR: The Apostle by Brad Thor.

It's all better (way better) with friends.

4 comments:

  1. A sweet post. I'm grateful for being able to write. I love living in the country, on the banks of a lake, with a wide assortment of wildlife (to include deer). My family is healthy. I landed a publisher for my suspense series with the first book coming out February 2012. Yep, life is grand. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful.

    C. Hope Clark
    FundsforWriters.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been, am, and will always be grateful to have you in my life as well! Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listing gratitudes is such a wonderful thing to do. I'm grateful for my family and friends. For this wide country, especially when it's cool. For the Christmas morning excitement of writing. For the team I've finally come home to with my book.

    For new places and old, and for yesterdays, todays, and tommorrows.

    For this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete