Sunday, November 11, 2007

What's On Your Nightstand?

I'm forever wanting to know what everyone is reading. My husband says I'm nosey. I say I simply love books--and readers of books.

Okay, yeah . . . that's not my nightstand. Just one of our many bookcases. (That's a picture of George and I with Desmond Tutu--a keeper.)

Every book in this case I've read. Our bedroom is the realm of TBR (To Be Read) books. Now that I review books from time to time, there's always something to read. I remember going through withdrawal if I didn't have at least five books waiting for me. It's a sickness.

New authors I've found . . . Robert Liparulo, Brandt Dodson, John Sandford (yeah, I came late).

Old faves: Mary Higgins-Clark, Colleen Coble, Brandilyn Collins, Wanda Dyson, Michael Connelly, Stephen King, Frank Peretti, and on and on and on.

What's triggering your late night reading sessions these days? And why? (I truly am an old snoop--but a genuinely interested snoop.)

It's all better with friends.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you can tell your husband I'm the nosey type too. Your night stand is alot neater than mine. And did you just dust before taking that picture? LOL I see that shine! You're a neat freak, aren't you? :)

    As for my reading: I've started The Root of All Evil by Brandt Dodson and I'm enjoying it. I bought all his books at the ACFW conference. I sat at his table during lunch and learned we share a love for many of the oldies: John D. MacDonald, McBain, etc. I enjoyed visiting with Brandt--very nice guy--so I want to support his writing by buying and reading his books.

    I'm also in the middle of Death of A Garage Sale Newbie by Sharon Dunn. I'm trying my hand at writing cozies and thought I'd check this one out.

    I really enjoy your blog, Peg. Keep up the great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you caught me. I can't work in chaos. Or dust. What's with that? Oy.

    I love a good cozy from time to time. Sort of breaks up the tension. A serious wahoo for you.

    Darlene Franklin has a handout for a workshop she gives called "Quirks, Clues and Crime: Writing the Cozy Mystery." I'm betting if you contacted her, she would email it to you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete