Friday, February 6, 2015

Winkin', Blinkin' and Duh

Tonight I finished my text-to-speech edit for FLAME GAME. It's amazing what else I caught. It's scary what else I caught. It makes me terrified of what else I've missed.

And overused words? Oh, my.

I have a lot of four-letter words that I'll be cleaning up. When I wrote them they seemed to fit. But hearing them? Oh, dear. A little too much. Especially the f-bomb. There will be plenty that will win the war and remain in the manuscript, but seriously, it's embarrassing.

Then there's my newest: wink. Everyone was winking at everyone. I went from easily ten "winks" in my manuscript to three. And two of them were from a dog. That's how bad it was. You need to know though, I kept one of those. I might even have a contest surrounding that particular canine wink.

My next step is to assign chapters and do a little more finessing based on notes I've made and additional research that's come in from my experts.

Then off to my beta readers! I'm so excited to hear what they have to say. And just a little (okay, a lot) anxious.



It's all better with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment