Two days ago I finished a detailed revision thanks to a beautifully picky beta reader. Today I completed the word search project for thirteen words that reader caught which I tend to overuse.
To be completely transparent, she actually found twelve in this manuscript. One she found in my last story. Apparently I didn't learn.
The new pages are printed out for yet another reading. Once that is done I'll put everything through yet one more wringer before finally sending it off to my editor. Who will, no doubt, find additional troubling aspects I need to work on.
The process, at least mine, is a long one. Hopefully in the end, it will be worth it.
Thanks for bearing with me!
It's all better with friends.