Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sprinting

From M-W:  

sprint  :  to run at top speed esp. for a short distance


When I'm under the gun and threatened, I can sprint with the best of them to make things happen. It doesn't matter what it is. 

Surprise company coming in 30 minutes? Watch me sprint.

An opportunity of a lifetime if I put together 500 words describing the social intricacies of lady bugs in an hour? Watch me sprint.

An all expenses paid trip for two to anywhere in the world if I lose five pounds in three days? Talk about sprinting!

NaNoWriMo was a specialized sprint. The challenge was to write 50,000 words in one month. Many people accomplished that goal, and everyone who at least tried, experienced some wonderful "sprint" success.

The invitation now is to be inspired to sprint within specific capsules of time.

Will you join me? The starting gun is pointed up . . .



There are three rules for writing a good novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. ~ William Somerset Maugham



CR: About half-way through Dream House.

It's all better with friends.

1 comment:

  1. Me! Me! Me! I am so there. I've started outlining a new novel and doing some research...but my writing fingers are getting restless! lol...

    ReplyDelete