Thursday, July 15, 2010

When the Past Embraces the Future

This video is from the Sisters In Crime Summit trip to the west coast. It's their final installment until they get back to town and share the written report with the entire membership.

There's a wee bit from the CEO of Smashwords. I can't help but think there will be a whole lot more information in the written summary from this very hot publisher.

One of the ideas I had never considered about the benefit of e-publishing is a reader's access to backlist. Helen Sandoval, a member of the Northern California chapter of Sisters In Crime made the point that if she went to a bookstore, and they had book five in an author's series, but not one through four, how very cool to pop them into your Kindle or iPad or other e-reader. Everyone wins.






CR: Last night a movie rerun actually held more appeal to me than the book I'm reading. I will be giving the book another shot tonight, and I promise to kick my snarky attitude to the curb and open the covers with anticipation.

It's all better with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment