Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reality vs. Fiction

I'd reached a point where my Medical Examiner needed to get some information in order to move the plot forward. The only problem was that the information she needed to get could not come from any tests she would have ordered.

At one time, the only thing I could think of was a big cheat. "Oh, my. We goofed and accidentally tested for that rare and basically unbelievable thing, and guess what?" Ugh. Way more possible in reality than fiction.

Finally, after supposedly wasting time on FB and who knows what else, it hit me. And although it's a bit of a stretch, it's a helluva lot more interesting and fictionally plausible.

1,749 words popped as a result. Suh-weet.

No one will ever convince me that Facebook is a total time waster.



CR: Top Suspense by a group of authors who know what they're doing. If you get this book, I'm betting you'll find a new author you want to read more of.

It's all better with friends.

2 comments:

  1. Very tricky, Peg. You've tantalized me into wanting to read that book RIGHT NOW just to see what your solution was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jaden! Jonathan Hayes may or may not approve, but I think maybe it works.

    ReplyDelete